Monday 9 July 2007

A nice day with my friends at the East Coast Park

I woke up to a fine Saturday morning so I decided to gather a few of my fellow altar boys to go cycling at East Coast Park. One of my friends’ mother was kind enough to give us a ride there.

After driving for about an hour rounding everyone up, we finally arrived at our destination. We were quite famished by then, so we all headed to Burger King for some hamburgers and fries. When we were done with our meal, we all dashed straight to the bicycle rental kiosk to hire our bicycles.

When everyone had gotten their bicycles, we all reached a consensus to cycle towards the direction of Changi Airport. On the way there, we stopped twice for a breather; at a jetty to take a look at some people fishing and also at a race track for radio controlled cars. My friends were going so fast that I had to constantly yell at them to slow down. When we finally reached the National Service recreation and Country Club (NSRCC), all of us were quite exhausted. Dark clouds had begun looming in the sky so we decided to make our way back to where we started.

As we made our way back, I decided to stop halfway as I was really tired and did not have another ounce of strength left within me. Despite my yelling at them to stop, my friends were not aware that I had stopped and continued on their way. After resting for about 10 minutes, I made my way as quickly as I could back to the bicycle rental kiosk.

After another agonizing 15 minutes of pedaling, I found my friends at the kiosk. They had already returned their bicycles and were having drinks. They all teased me for being so slow.

It had already gotten quite late by then and it started to rain lightly. We had not had our fill of fun but unfortunately it was time to go home. After having a quick dinner, we all made a pact to come back again another day.

No comments: