Monday 9 July 2007

A boat ride on the Singapore River

We had no plans on Saturday and seeing what a nice day it was, my mum and I, along with my friend Alex, decided to visit Clarke Quay as we heard so much about the place but never had the chance to go there.

When we got to Clarke Quay, we decided to have dinner on a restaurant that was situated in a boat floating on the river. We ordered some seafood and the famous Chilli Crab, which is my favourite Singaporean dish.

After our dinner, we took a little boat ride along the river. The river was actually wider than I had imagined. As the boat sailed along, we could see the Merlion, which is the icon for Singapore’s Tourism Board. We could also see the Fullerton Hotel and the statue of Sir Stamford Raffles, who was the founder of Singapore.

The boat also passed by the Reverse Bungee ride, where we saw people riding on it and screaming very loudly. It seemed quite scary to me.

When we got off the boat, Alex decided to try the Reverse Bungee although I warned him not to do so / against it. By the time he was done with it, he had peed on his pants. Worse still, he vomited! Everybody around us was giggling at him. He had just wasted a good dinner which we paid an arm and a leg for. He should have listened to me.

We had no choice but to head home since my friend had soiled his clothes and we were not going anywhere with him smelling like that!

No comments: